Community Engagement Specialist III
Company: PMI (Project Management Institute)
Posted on: November 20, 2023
Community Engagement Specialist III
United States * Virtual
Wednesday, November 1, 2023
Are you a dreamer, innovator, thinker and a do-er who believes in
contributing to something that makes difference?
Pursue your passion. Join PMI.
How You'll Make a Difference
You will be accountable for the development and implementation of
online community engagement programs, educational content, and
other core inputs in support of the community member
Leading the effective coordination of program and service delivery,
to ensure targeted continual improvement and online community
Driving the development and maintenance of long-term relationships
with online/virtual community contributors, developing both
internal and external relationships that further the concepts of
Actively championing the community through leading ongoing
interactions and communications, demonstrating engagement in the
community and the ability to drive relevant activities based on
user feedback and data.
Responsible for identifying community SMEs/champions based on
established criteria; provide appropriate recognition; develop and
maintain a content calendar to drive the delivery of user-generated
content (discussions, comments, resources) on online community
What You'll Bring to the Role
- Bachelors' degree or equivalent in business, community
engagement, communications or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible community
engagement experience with proven track record of leading
successful community projects and initiatives.
- Experience working in support of highly diverse and global
markets highly desirable.
- Strong relationship management skills, including demonstrated
ability to work with all levels of staff, global customers and
partners, volunteers, and external organizations with a track
record of positive long-term outcome-based relationships.
- Proven experience building, leading and sustaining program\
success via geographically disbursed entities or virtual
communities of engaged stakeholder groups.
- Experience with program development and business plan
development, including market planning across diverse
- Experience of working in an agile, dynamic, and
- Excellent communication, collaboration, presentation, and
- Highly experienced in the use of online community management
tools and techniques, with the ability to support the application
of them to a diverse, global stakeholder group.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills, including
demonstrated team-based operational and strategic results, and the
proven ability to lead, retain, and grow engagement.
- Experience building thriving, engaged online communities for
professional, membership-based associations strongly
- Strong relationship management skills in support of both
internal and external leaders and business teams, with a particular
focus on developing strong partnerships.
- Proficiency in the PMI business language (English)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment and support
team goals with a rapidly growing organization.
- Ability to successfully prioritize and manage multiple
concurrent tasks to meet deliverables as well as routinely
prioritize among major initiatives and operational tasks.
- Relationship management skills, including demonstrated ability
to respond to/exchange information with all levels of staff,
volunteers, members, and external organizations from worldwide
locations with a track record of positive relationships.
- Self-motivated; able to make decisions and organize tasks
independently with minimal supervision. Experience and
self-reliance to perform and coordinate administrative
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive organization topics and
- Strong oral and written communications skills, exhibiting poise
and finesse under pressure.
- Prepare, as well as clearly and concisely present, various
report and/or information formats to others.
- Knowledge of effective online community support
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite software (Word, Excel,
Access, PowerPoint), database programs such as Aptify, and use of
What you can expect from us
We value and nurture an environment of inclusivity and diversity,
and a culture of communication and collaboration. Your health,
safety and well-being come first, and we believe that you should
have time for your work, but you should also have time for
Join us and you'll get:
* an excellent total package, with compensation and benefits based
upon your geographic location.
* skill development opportunities, to help you grow now and into
* access to a global network, to enrich your professional
* flexible options to help balance work time and your time
* award and bonus opportunities.
The salary offer will be based on several factors, including the
candidate's demonstrated skills, qualifications and relevant
Let's help make the world work better for everyone. Apply
Project Management Institute, Inc. is committed to providing equal
employment opportunities without regard to sex, gender identity,
sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin,
physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any
other characteristic protected by applicable law. As a government
contractor, Company Name is subject to Executive Order 11246, the
Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Section 503), and the Vietnam Era
Veterans Readjustment Act of 1974 (VEVRAA), all as amended, which
require government contractors to ensure nondiscrimination in
employment and to take affirmative action to employ and advance in
employment qualified persons without regard to sex, gender
identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed,
national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran
status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable
Min Hiring Rate
Max Hiring Rate
- United States
Share this job:
Keywords: PMI (Project Management Institute), Jacksonville , Community Engagement Specialist III, Other , Jacksonville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!