Company: WELBRO Building
Posted on: June 14, 2019
Assistant SuperintendentWELBRO Building Corporation has an
immediate career opportunity for an Assistant Superintendent with
hospitality or healthcare experience. The initial opportunity is
working with a Sr. Project Superintendent on an assisted living
facility project in Orange Park, FL called the Palagio until July
'19 and then immediately on to a hotel project in Jacksonville
Beach from July 2019 to late 2020 called the Margaritaville Resort.
The project consists of an 8-story, 202 unit, beachfront hotel with
5-levels of guest units over 3-levels of parking and common area
space. Candidate must be experienced at overseeing trades from
rough to finishes on commercial, multi-family, healthcare, or
hotels/resorts projects.Key Duties
- Responsible for assisting in overseeing the planning and
execution of construction efforts in coordination with Project
Manager, Superintendent, and Project Engineer.
- Helps coordinates the day-to-day scheduling, production, and
procurement of materials, manpower, and equipment for all work on
- Have input on creating construction schedule, performing
updates, monitoring critical path, and adding activities and
- Ensure compliance with safety management program, environmental
requirements and quality standards.
- Effectively represent WELBRO when interfacing with project
stakeholders including Owner and Design team. Apply for this
- Minimum five (5) years commercial construction experience
working for a general contractor with at least two (2) years in a
supervisory capacity - preferably as a Lead Foreman or Assistant
- Working knowledge of construction disciplines, cost control,
construction sequencing, scheduling, safety regulations, drawings
and construction documents required.
- Proficient in blueprint reading and have working knowledge of
materials, processes, and equipment involved in all field
- Accurate record-keeping of daily activities including daily
reports and equipment logs.
- Ability to gather data, identify discrepancies, establish
facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to communicate
effectively with others through good verbal, written, and
- Ability to occasionally lift and carry tools, materials, and
equipment up to 50 pounds and must frequently climb up and down
ladders, scaffolds, and other equipment.
- Thorough knowledge of OSHA standards and adheres to all safety
regulations and procedures. Submit resume and salary requirements
via online application system. An offer will be contingent on
passing a drug test. This position is eligible for WELBRO benefits
package including Health, dental, life, LTD, FSA, HRA, wellness,
ESOP, and 401(k). We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
and maintain a Drug-Free Workplace. Due to limited staff and high
volume of inquiries, we regretfully are unable to verify receipt of
resumes. It's our policy not to utilize the services of Executive
Search or Staffing firms of any kind. We thank you in advance for
Keywords: WELBRO Building, Jacksonville , Assistant Superintendent, Other , Jacksonville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!