Driver - Jacksonville
Company: The Parts House
Posted on: June 15, 2019
Job DetailsLevel EntryJob Location LOC-30 - Jacksonville,
FLPosition Type Full TimeEducation Level High SchoolJob Shift
DayJob Category TransportationDescription Are you interested in
auto parts? Does the thought of getting in on the ground floor of a
rapidly growing enterprise excite you? If so, we have a great
opportunity for you!The Parts House (TPH), one of the largest auto
parts wholesale distributors in the Southeast and Caribbean, is
looking for energetic individuals to join its team!TPH's ideal
candidate would be responsible for the following:Drives truck or
automobile along established route to deliver and sell products,
render services, collect money from customers, and complete the
following tasks:Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but
are not limited to, the following:
- Review daily schedule provided by dispatcher.
- Check accuracy of parts to invoice.
- Load vehicles and inform dispatcher of completion.
- Sign in and out of TPH's dispatching system before and after
- Drive vehicle to deliver parts to customer's place of business
per scheduled route.
- Collect customer returns, empty containers and unsold
- Collect payment from COD customers and record transactions on
- Issue or obtain customer signature on receipt for pickup
- Listen to customer questions and concerns and communicate them
to the Dispatcher upon return.
- Create Returned Goods Forms (RFG) for any returned product.
Completely fill them out and provide a signed, pink copy to the
- Perform weekly vehicle maintenance checks every Monday morning,
or as needed; report needed maintenance to the Location Manager or
- Clean inside of truck every Friday afternoon, or as
- Assist with warehouse duties when not on route, such as
stocking shelves or racks.Required SkillsTo perform the job
successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following
- Excellent Customer Service
- Able to manage difficult or emotional customer situations,
respond promptly to customer needs, solicit customer feedback to
improve service, and respond to requests for service and
assistance. Offer to assist the customer.
- Proficient Communication
- Able to speak clearly and persuasively, listen carefully and
respond accordingly, participate in meetings, and read and
- Positive Ethical Conduct
- Treat people with respect, keep commitments, work with
integrity and uphold organizational values.
- Follow instructions, respond to management directions, take
ownership for personal actions, uphold commitments and complete
tasks on time.
- Adherence to Safety Guidelines
- Observe safety and security procedures, adhere to driving laws,
determine appropriate action beyond guidelines, report potentially
unsafe conditions and use equipment, vehicle and materials in a
safe and proper manner.Qualifications To perform this job
successfully, an individual must meet the following qualifications.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Driver's License
- Must have a valid driver's license for the appropriate state,
and a clean driving record for at least three years.
- Education and/or Experience
- A high school degree, GED (General Educational Development)
certification, or equivalency.
- Language Skills
- Able to read, write and comprehend simple instructions and
short correspondences; able to effectively present information to
customers, managers and fellow employees.
- Mathematical Skills
- Able to add and subtract two-digit numbers, and multiply and
divide by 10's and 100's. Able to perform said operations using
American units of money, weight measurement, volume and
- Able to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed
but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Physical Demands
- Able to sit for reasonable amounts of time, reach with arms and
hands, climb, balance, talk, hear, and lift up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities include close, distance, color and
peripheral visions, as well as depth perception.
- Work Environment
- Able to work in wet and/or humid conditions, use ladders for
pulling parts, and be exposed to outside weather conditions and
forklifts in the warehouse.
- Dress Code
- The employee must be suitably attired and groomed during work
hours, or while representing the company. Some positions require
- Background Check and Drug Test
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug test.
Keywords: The Parts House, Jacksonville , Driver - Jacksonville, Other , Jacksonville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!