CNA/HHA in Jacksonville, Florida - Careers at Apex Home Healthcare
Company: Apex Home Healthcare
Posted on: September 14, 2019
Currently hiring Per Diem CNA's/HHA's to work with patients in the
Baker, Clay, Duval, Nassau and St. Johns Counties! We offer WEEKLY
PAY and Flexible Schedules.
**This position is working Evenings/Night Hours **
The PRN Private Duty Home Health Aide / Certified Nursing Assistant
is a person who provides aide, support, assistance with personal
hygiene and household functions for an individual to be able to
remain in their own home.
Apex Home Healthcare, a part of LHC Group, is the preferred
post-acute care partner for hospitals, physicians and families
nationwide. From home health and hospice care to long-term acute
care and community-based services, we deliver high-quality,
cost-effective care that empowers patients to manage their health
at home. Hospitals and health systems around the country have
partnered with LHC Group to deliver patient-centered care in the
home. More hospitals, physicians and families choose LHC Group,
because we are united by a single, shared purpose: It's all about
- Reports observations of the client's condition to the Agency
Director or accounts manager. Notifies the Agency Director
immediately if any incidents or accidents occur.
- Utilize the E.V.V. (Electronic Visit Verification) program as
- Drives safely, complies with traffic regulations, and wears a
seat belt when business travel is required.
- May provide or assist clients with activities of daily living
including: bathing in bed, tub or shower; care of hair including
shampoo, combing and brushing; care of teeth and mouth including
denture care; nail care, filing only; skin care including pericare
and applying lotion; transfer of patient from bed to chair and to
wheelchair. Transfer of patients on and off bedpan, commode and
toilet. Assist client in preparing for bed. Position patient in bed
as directed. Assists with ambulation including with cane, walker
and crutches. Personal care dressing of client. Medication
- Assists with household tasks directly essential to client's
- Accompanies client to medical appointments or shopping and
performing other essential errands, if necessary.
- Measures and records oral, rectal, and auxiliary temperatures,
pulse and respiration, and blood pressure when ordered within the
training limitations of the aide.
- Prepares meals as required based upon client's preferred diet.
May need to feed client if required.
- Provides clean and safe environment within the home including
safe use of equipment such as side rails, oxygen, wheelchairs,
Hoyer lifts, etc.
- Ensures confidentiality of client records and information.
- Records and reports activities related to personal care
responsibilities, as required.
- Responds promptly to client requests
- Documents all client related activities in a timely
- Participates in performance improvement inservices.
- Reacts to change productively and performs other job-related
tasks and duties as assigned.
- Six months experience in home care preferred.
- Current drivers license, vehicle insurance and access to a
dependable vehicle or public transportation.
- Current CPR certification required.
- Ability to work flexible hours as required to meet identified
- Ability to function in any home situation regardless of age,
race, creed, color, sex, disability, or financial condition of the
- Able to work independently.
- Ability to transfer, maneuver, and lift incapacitated clients
in home setting.
- Good communication, writing, and organizational skills.
- Must be able to read and write, high school diploma or GED
- A minimum of one year experience as an aide/personal care
assistant in a heath care setting or completion of a training
program with a minimum of 75 hours instruction required.
- Demonstration of competency by written exam and successful
completion of skills performance test for Home Health Aide
- Possess the ability to transfer, maneuver, and lift
incapacitated clients in the home setting.
Our company was founded over 20 years ago on the principle that
---it---s all about helping people,--- and we live by those words
today. It---s our mission to provide exceptional care and
unparalleled service to patients and families who have placed their
trust in us. We grow to fulfill this mission. When you become part
of the LHC Group family, you---re choosing a career path that will
challenge you to grow both personally and professionally.Every day,
all across the country, our LHC Group family is helping people.
There are 10,000 of us, standing shoulder to shoulder, helping the
patients in our care live, fuller, healthier lives. We do this
because helping people is, quite simply, the reason we exist.
It---s our purpose.--
Keywords: Apex Home Healthcare, Jacksonville , CNA/HHA in Jacksonville, Florida - Careers at Apex Home Healthcare, Other , Jacksonville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!