GENERAL FUNCTION: Performs a wide range of
duties relating to the origination of residential 1st mortgage
loans for outside referrals. Meets standards and objectives defined
by management for mortgage loan sales and cross-selling objectives.
Assumesoverall responsibility for the residential mortgage loan
from application to closing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Develop referral contacts (realtors, builders, professional and
* Maintain knowledge of Fifth Third Mortgage Company''s policies
* Maintain knowledge of available loan products, processing
procedures, and underwriting and general departmental
* Follow defined protocol for escalation exceptions.
* Take applicant applications by completing Fannie Mae form 1003 on
* Utilize the laptop for communication and access of daily rates,
applicant credit reports, Loan Prospector responses and
transmitting the loan to LOMAS.
* Collect appropriate documentation from each applicant and deliver
loan package in the time frames set by management.
* Manage pipeline for all originated loans through closing and
complete required management reports.
* Communicate with branches and/or applicants of providing timely
updates and progress reports.
* Maintain high levels of customer service while managing each
applicant''s and support staff#s expectations.
* Attend and participate in all Consumer Lending meetings as
required by management.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None.