CDL B Delivery Truck Driver
Posted on: October 17, 2020
Company: US1129 FreshPoint Central Florida, Inc., Division of
FreshPoint Central Florida, Inc.Zip Code:32254Minimum Level of
Education:High School or EquivalentMinimum Years of Experience:1
YearEmployment Type:Full TimeTravel Percentage: OVERVIEW:We offer
our associates the opportunity to grow personally and
professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic
organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their
expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals
to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco
is at the heart of food and service.JOB SUMMARYAll drivers run
daily routes with frequent stops and are required to load packages
onto hand trucks and unload product at each stop on the assigned
route in the order they are designated by the Transportation
Department Manager. The driver will work away from OpCo (operating
company) at a designated domiciled location closer to the
marketplace of the customer. The job is the same as an operating
company delivery driver and is a customer-facing position. The
driver is responsible for cross-dock model picking uploaded trucks
from a nightly delivery at f the assigned loading dock and
returning the empty truck back to the assigned lot at the end of
the route. May be required to assist occasionally with
loading-trucks, palletizing product, and performing other duties as
assigned by Supervisor or Manager. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide technical, customer relations, and personnel management
for major programs and projects.
- Runs routes efficiently, meeting or exceeding designated route
- Unload product from trailer, by hand or using a hand cart, and
place in designated customer storage areas. May include
transporting product down ramps, stairs, or docks, in all weather
- Frequently lift, push, or move product that weighs 1-75 pounds,
up to 100 pounds; frequently reach up to 72 to stack and unstack
pallets and hand cart; constantly bend and twist while loading and
unloading product, and retrieving items from trailer.
- Verify delivery of items with customer and obtain proper
- Contact management for authorization when discrepancies on
invoice and communicate all errors/returns.
- Calls in when a customer does not receive their entire order
- Handles any customer complaints professionally
- Handles company equipment properly, follow written driver
safety rules, and performs a pre-trip inspection.
- Perform pre-trip and post-trip responsibilities in accordance
with Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations and Sysco
policies and procedures
- Organize a truck and make the deliveries efficiently.
- Check whether a truck is operating well enough to perform the
- High School or GED or equivalentExperience
- One year route delivery experience or applicable background
driving a straight truck
- Valid Commercial Driver's License - Class B (Class A
- Must be able to read and understand English.Professional Skills
- Operate vehicle in a variety of traffic and weather
- Meet or exceed minimum productivity levels established by the
- Meet or exceed established cases per error goals
- Demonstrate strong customer relations and problem resolution
- Effectively plan and organize work activities independent of
- Develop a good working knowledge of product and inventory
control techniques and procedures.
- Maintain ongoing inter-department communications related to
routing, safety, and customer relations.
- Proven ability to communicate articulately and perform simple
arithmetic (Experience in handling money preferred)
- Building Customer Loyalty
- Managing Work
- Building Trust
- Communication Physical Demands
- Frequent lifting of a product up to 50 lbs. during the shift,
infrequent lifting up to 80 lbs.
- Must be able to climb on and off the box of the truck
- Frequent bending, squatting, pushing, and pulling
- Must be able to work in confined spaces
- Same as Driver Shuttle and Driver DomiciledApplicants must be
currently authorized to work in the United States.We are proud to
be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and
considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color,
creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or
any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.This
opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its
subsidiaries and affiliates.
Keywords: Sysco, Jacksonville , CDL B Delivery Truck Driver, Professions , Jacksonville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!