Business Systems Analyst (Remote)
Company: Software Guidance & Assistance
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Software Guidance & Assistance, Inc., (SGA), is searching for an
Business Systems Analyst for a CONTRACT assignment with one of our
premier healthcare services clients in Jacksonville, FL.
- IT Business Systems Analysts collect and analyze information to
formulate the scope and objectives of technology solutions. Write
system and programming specifications so that when the system is
implemented it will meet user needs. Provide input into cost
estimations and project plans. Prepare and maintain technical
documentation including flow charts, models, and procedures, user
guides, scorecards and reporting to assist with the ongoing
operation and maintenance of technology solutions. Assigned to and
assist complex projects, systems or initiatives.
- Analyzes business needs to determine technical requirements and
identifies impacted areas/systems/processes and evaluates
- Design, develop, documents, test or support modification of
computer programs and/or systems
- Researches and assists in designs solutions for general
maintenance requests to resolve system problems
- Prepares detailed system requirements and assists in functional
design solutions for new products/functionality and enhancements to
- Provide oversight and final review of design specification
- Take the initiative to seek out areas of improvement
- Assigned to highly complex projects, systems or
- Provides input into forecasting and project-planning for
scope/requirements documents and/or vendor contracts to minimize
risk to on time, cost effective solution fulfillment.
- Leads a systematic process for capturing requirements.
- Works with partners to capture requirements in a standard
format that can serve as the foundation for developing technical
- Using SDLC processes and associated tools, analyzes current
system targeted for replacement/enhancement to determine business
and technical functions to be included in design.
- Prepare crosswalks for transforming input data to output with
application of rules
- Works with Developers and other IT staff to determine system
components and functional flow of components and data between
- Validates the design documentation with the appropriate parties
and receives approval on these documents.
- Reviews final design documents to ensure that they clearly
explain the work expectations.
- Clarifies design expectations. Answer business and technical
questions. Researches and involves appropriate parties to resolve
more complex business and technical issues.
- Continuously assesses systems as business direction changes for
impacts to existing designs. Understands impacts and works as
appropriate to determine best solution.
- Provide consultative support for the systems within their
- Partner with developers and other IT staff to ensure the design
fulfills business and technical requirements
- Responsible for relationship management responsibilities for
- Prepare technical documentation and deliverables including flow
charts, models, and procedures, user guides, scorecards and
- Ensures adherence to practices, standards, policies and
- Develops test scenarios & test cases, performs test executions
for various system components.
- Prepares complex test strategies to ensure comprehensive
coverage of system components and interfaces; provides SME level
expertise and recommends test strategies and scenarios for junior
- Develops and documents vetted contingency plans in case of
risks or roadblocks
- Responsible for consensus and relationship building between
Business, IT teams and BRMs
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong knowledge of MS Excel and MS Visio Required Skills:
- 3-5 years' experience in an analytical role, preferably in a
BSA or similar role.
- Bachelor's Degree in a Computer, Mathematics, or
Business-related field or relevant work experience
- Strong BSA with excellent communication skills & deep knowledge
in the Healthcare space.
- SQL, Healthcare Experience Preferred Skills:
- Work exposure in a Content Management Solution/Application is a
- Experience in Healthcare line of Business.
- Ability to write simple to complex SQL Queries
- Experience in Application development, testing, and/or
business/systems analysis role
- Various Domain experience; Health Care, Financial, etc
- Experience using Agile, Waterfall, or hybrid methodology
- Specific tools, languages and specialty skills may vary SGA is
a Certified Women's Business Enterprise (WBE) celebrating over
thirty years of service to our national client base for both
permanent placement and consulting opportunities. For consulting
positions, we offer a variety of benefit options including but not
limited to health & dental insurance, paid vacation, timely payment
via direct deposit. SGA accepts transfers of H1 sponsorship for
most contracting roles. We are unable to sponsor for Right-to-Hire,
Fulltime, or Government roles. All parties authorized to work in
the US are encouraged to apply for all roles. Only those authorized
to work for government entities will be considered for government
roles. Please inquire about our referral program if you would like
to submit a candidate for any of our open or future job
opportunities. SGA is an EEO employer. We encourage Veterans to
apply. To view all of our available job postings and/or to learn
more about SGA please visit us online at - provided by Dice
Keywords: Software Guidance & Assistance, Jacksonville , Business Systems Analyst (Remote), Professions , Jacksonville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!