Company: Mac Papers and Packaging
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Please apply directly on our
Material Handler is responsible for stacking and piling goods into
their correct containers and preparing them for shipment using
various equipment. Cleans and prepares containers before placing
goods in them.This job description is intended to describe the
general nature, complexity and level of work to be performed by
employees assigned to this position, and is not to be construed as
an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and/or skills
required. It does not prescribe or restrict the work that may be
assigned. Furthermore, this does not establish a contract for
employment and is subject to change at the discretion of the
- Stack and pile finished goods into containers.
- Prepare goods for shipment.
- Pack them following a specific set of instructions.
- Clean and prepare containers for packing.
- Check to ensure containers are damage free.
- Verify if items pulled out of package are correct.
- Maintain database of packages.
- Fill out forms and papers to record measurement, weight, and
- Keep track of inventory.
- Remove completed or defective products or materials, placing
them on moving equipment such as conveyors or in specified areas
such as loading docks.
- Seal and label each container.
- Move completed packages for loading.
- Load or stuff different products or merchandise.
- Count items.
- Review packing lists.
- Mark and label containers.
- Seal containers with glue and fasteners.
- Tag containers with marking tools.Requirements
- Understand and follow basic verbal and written
- Effectively communicate information and respond to questions
from various levels within the organization
- Possess basic mathematical skills: addition, subtraction,
multiplication and division
- Perform basic visual quality inspections on products
- Maintain the production pace of other team members
- Utilize power tools and various equipment as needed to perform
- Must be certified or become certified in operation of
- High school degree or equivalentWorking Conditions & Physical
Requirements:The physical and mental demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by employees to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.Physical Demands
- Regularly required to walk and stand continuously for long
periods of time
- Talk or hear, both in person and by telephone
- Reach with hands and arms
- Specific vision requirements include close vision, distance
vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to push/pull/leverage up to 75 lbs.Mental Demands
- Regularly required to use written and oral communication
- Will interact regularly with managers and staff regarding
- Must be able to work independently with little supervisionWork
- Employee works primarily in a manufacturing warehouse
environment.Job Type: Full-timePay: From $14.00 per hourBenefits:
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insuranceSchedule:
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to FridayEducation:
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)Work Location: One
Keywords: Mac Papers and Packaging, Jacksonville , Material Handler, Professions , Jacksonville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!