Behavior Technician / Registered Behavior Technician Opportunity
Company: Florida Autism Center
Posted on: January 16, 2022
-- :Seeking an entry-level Behavior Technician (BT) or
Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) to help children on the autism
spectrum through ABA therapy.
About Florida Autism Center (FAC)FAC is part of the BlueSprig
family of companies. This partnership allows us to serve families
in more communities with enhanced expertise, resources, and overall
clinical quality. Together we are changing the world for children
We are looking for compassionate team members to help us on our
mission of changing the world for children with autism! No
experience is necessary - just your dedication to helping others
and willingness to learn. We offer paid training, ongoing support
and mentorship with lots of potential for career growth.
-- :We are looking for people who:
- Have prior experience in ABA and / or working with children
with autism spectrum disorder or other developmental disorders /
- Are sensitive to working with an ethnically, linguistically,
culturally, and economically diverse population of children.
- Have the ability to remain calm and neutral in challenging
situations with clients.
- Have reliable means of transportation, a valid driver's
license, and insurance.
- Have the ability to stand and stay on their feet for prolonged
periods of time and bend, kneel, crouch, and lift weight of up to
- Have a current and valid CPR certification.
- Have successful background clearance, reference checks, and
driving record check.
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent; however, some college
experience or a college degree is preferred.
-- :In this role you will:
- Provide Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) therapy to clients in a
center-based or home-based setting (paid training provided).
- Teach clients with autism communication, social, and self-help
skills in an individual or small group setting.
- Collect data to monitor the progress of the children we
- Provide regular written and verbal progress on treatment
- Adhere to all policies and procedures, including, but not
limited to, confidentiality and mandated reporting standards as set
by the FAC clinical team.
- Maintain appropriate social distancing, safety, and enhanced
protective hygiene practices both on and off the job. (We provide
PPE, caregiver communication tools and practices, and limit
exposure through small work groups.)
- Communicate clearly and effectively - both orally and written -
with clients, families, and colleagues.
- Attend meetings, trainings, and workshops to acquire further
Benefits:What we offer:
- Paid training
- Compensation at market rate
- Paid time off (PTO) and paid holidays
- Flexible schedule
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Retirement plan
- Career growth: the opportunity to move into Lead RBT, Intern,
BCBA, or Operations roles as you progress in your career
Covid Information::As a result of President Biden Executive Order
and in anticipation of the Occupational Safety and Health
Administration (OSHA) directive all candidates must be aware that
BlueSprig will be required to comply with both the order and OSHA
directives, as necessary. Therefore, all BlueSprig employees may be
required to be vaccinated or provide evidence of a required work
accommodation.Washington Candidates:Per the directive of Washington
Governor Jay Inslee, all health care providers in the private
health care sector must be fully vaccinated by 10/18/21. This
includes most employees, contractors, volunteers, and other
positions that have any onsite presence. Therefore, all BlueSprig
employees must be vaccinated or provide evidence of a required work
accommodation.Oregon Candidates:Per the directive of Oregon
Governor Kate Brown, all health care providers who have direct or
indirect contact with clients must be fully vaccinated by
10/18/21.Equal Employment Opportunity:At BlueSprig, we are
dedicated to ensuring a level playing field for all. As part of
that, we work hard to maintain our Great Place To Work - status so
that everyone is rewarded fairly and earns opportunities for
bringing their whole and best selves every day, to allow for the
fulfillment of our mission to change the world for children with
Sometimes the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can make someone
doubt themselves and reconsider applying for a job that they love.
Well, we're called BlueSprig for a reason - because we want to help
everyone grow. If you want to be a part of our BlueSprig family,
please apply as we would love to hear from you.Market
Keywords: Florida Autism Center, Jacksonville , Behavior Technician / Registered Behavior Technician Opportunity , Professions , Jacksonville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!