Sr. Marine Electrician (Mastertradesperson 4) - with Security Clearance
Company: Hii Technical Solutions
Posted on: January 16, 2022
. Summary *Position requires base access credentials to start.
When a U.S. Navy ship needs repairs, they call us. Join our Marine
Services Operation (MSO) as we keep the most powerful Navy the
world has known afloat and ready to serve. MSO trades teams provide
expert solutions on shipboard alterations & installations for fleet
modernization. The selected candidate will be supporting MSO
working on electrical systems on surface ships to assist with
alterations and installations for fleet modernization. When not
assigned to local tasking the trades teams travel to shipyards and
military bases located around country and out of the continental
United States to complete contracted work. Per diem available based
on location when on travel, travel and lodging expenses are covered
by the company. *TL What you will do * Support trades team by
working on active class surface ships to assist with alterations
and installations for fleet modernization
* Works to meet standards on various contracts such as Naval
Undersea Warfare Center, Naval Information Warfare Systems Command
and Naval Surface Warfare Center.
* Installs, operates, maintains, repairs and modifies
* Performs a variety of maintenance and technical support on
products such as shipboard systems, integrated systems and related
equipment/software at company, customer and/or field locations.
* Troubleshoots and diagnoses malfunctions to eliminate problems in
* Applies comprehensive understanding of production and processes
toward completion of assignments.
* Responsible for interfacing with customers, managing
subcontractors and ability to provide work direction to others.
* Performs a variety of complicated and non-routine tasks.
* Develops and uses technical documents including controlled work
packages, formal work processes and procedures, test documents,
reports and task or trip reports.
* Schedules, reports and briefs customers and senior
* Performs duties outside of specialty in order to complete
installation or work assignment. What you must have * Must have
High School diploma or equivalent, and 6 years of related
* Must have experience with troubleshooting, maintenance and
repairs of electrical distribution systems and its associated
equipment on marine vessels.
* Must be proficient in reading electrical drawings and
* Must have working knowledge and experience with shipboard
electrical power distribution systems.
* Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD secret security
clearance, and maintain clearance level throughout employment.
* Must be able to obtain base access credentials within 60 days of
start date, and maintain credentials throughout employment.
* Must be able to travel between 50% - 75% when not assigned to
* Must be able to provide hand tools per trades designation.
* Must be a U.S. citizen. Preferred: Bonus points for... *
Candidates who have graduated from and/or completed a vocational
school or a skilled trades certificate program are preferred.
* Candidate with a current or active DoD clearance preferred.
* OSHA 10 Maritime Certification a plus. Physical Requirements Must
be able to lift, carry and transport heavy equipment and boxes. The
exact weight requirements will be determined by the specific job,
but no less than 30 lbs. Able to work on and climb ladders, work in
extreme temperature environments, aboard ships, in shipyards, under
industrial conditions and in confined spaces. Able to perform other
duties as required which may involve high heat, humidity, noise and
dirty conditions, working aloft or over the sides of vessels. May
ride ships at sea for extended periods. May require wearing a
respirator. Travel may be required within and outside of the
continental United States. Building on a legacy of more than a
century of naval shipbuilding, Technical Solutions, a division of
Huntington Ingalls Industries provides mission-critical solutions
to a wide variety of government and commercial customers worldwide.
Comprising nearly 6,000 professionals in 45 states and 16
countries, our unique national security services portfolio includes
unmanned systems, defense and federal solutions, and nuclear and
environmental services. For more information, visit
tsd.huntingtoningalls.com. Huntington Ingalls Industries is
America's largest military shipbuilding company and a provider of
professional services to partners in government and industry. For
more than a century, HII's Newport News and Ingalls shipbuilding
divisions in Virginia and Mississippi have built more ships in more
ship classes than any other U.S. naval shipbuilder. HII's Technical
Solutions division supports national security missions around the
globe with unmanned systems, nuclear and environmental services,
and defense and federal solutions. Headquartered in Newport News,
Virginia, HII employs more than 42,000 people operating both
domestically and internationally. For more information, visit:
www.huntingtoningalls.com . Federal Executive Order 14042 requires
that covered contractor employees who work on, or in connection
with, covered Federal contracts or at covered contractor workplaces
may be required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and comply with
other requirements. Covered contractor employees also must comply
with agency COVID-19 workplace safety requirements while in Federal
workplaces. Applicant agrees to comply with said requirements to
the extent they apply to the applied-for position. Huntington
Ingalls Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Vets and Disabled
Employer. U.S. Citizenship may be required for certain
Keywords: Hii Technical Solutions, Jacksonville , Sr. Marine Electrician (Mastertradesperson 4) - with Security Clearance, Professions , Jacksonville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!