Business Analyst II
Company: Olympus Insurance Company
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Position Summary: The Business Analyst will be the primary
liaison between business units. The role will be responsible for
completing the analysis and interpretation of business requirements
into application and systems design documentation. He / She will
participate in application testing and will have project
coordination responsibilities.Work Location: In anticipation of the
Olympus headquarters relocation in November of 2022, you will work
remotely until the Jacksonville, Florida headquarters is
operational, at which time you will be required to work on site.
Job Description/Essential Functions:
- Liaise with internal business units and external vendors.
- Provide P&C subject matter expertise in the development of
- Actively listen to internal and external clients to accurately
capture requirements into user stories.
- Collaborate with developers to translate user stories into
process, system, and design requirements.
- Schedule and lead collaboration meetings between the
development and business teams to review / brainstorm requirements,
recommend solutions, and plan deliverables.
- Collaborate with QA and UAT to determine test strategies and
create training documentation.
- Execute test cases to ensure the business requirements have
been successfully captured and executed.
- Maintain continuous communication with end users and developers
throughout the system development life cycle to ensure the final
product meets the requirements.
- Identify project risks and effectively communicate them to
stakeholders and team members.
- Create and maintain documentation of system changes.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Can leverage strong interpersonal skills by communicating
effectively in the following: verbalizing, writing, facilitating,
mediating, collaborating, presenting, etc.
- Ability to read, interpret, and transform business requirements
into systems design documentation using a variety of design
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Must be able to flow chart and diagram processes.
- Strong working knowledge of how technology can be leveraged to
positively affect business processes.
- Solid knowledge of the SDLC (System Development Life Cycle) and
- Solid understanding of standard testing strategies and methods
including usability, performance, regression, security, etc.
- Must be adaptable to a dynamic and evolving work
- A sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its
impact on the company's success.
- 5+ years of P&C Business Analyst experience
- 5+ years of MS Word, Excel, and Visio
- 2+ years SQL querying
- 3+ year of Jira Software (or similar)
- 1+ year of Confluence (or similar)
- Bachelor's Degree OR 4 years relevant experience, OR a
combination of college education and relevant experience equivalent
to 4 years
- Job related certifications are a plus (AINS, PMP, Scrum Master,
2-20, 4-40, 6-20 etc.) EEOC Compliance We are an equal opportunity
employer and provide equal employment opportunities to all
employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination
and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or any
other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. -
provided by Dice
Keywords: Olympus Insurance Company, Jacksonville , Business Analyst II, Professions , Jacksonville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!