Company: Ferrovial Services North America
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Position SummaryServes as technical engineering advisor to
project staff on roadway, bridge, tunnel and facility
infrastructure. Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops and executes routine, preventive, corrective and
emergency maintenance plans.
- Develops and executes a multi-year capital Renewal Work Plan,
including Renewal Work Reporting, and Cost Schedule development and
- Schedules and coordinates work to be performed, using
Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) to manage work
orders and assist the Maintenance Manager in coordinating
maintenance crews' daily schedules.
- May assist with routine work plan activities such as traffic
control and maintenance work.
- Ensures compliance with processes, procedures, and
specifications regarding contractual performance standards for
roadways, facilities, bridges and tunnels.
- Inspects in-process and completed work to insure compliance
with contract requirements.
- Quality assurance reviews of project subcontractors and
consultant performance and provides recommendations to project
- Performs quality control reviews of maintenance and testing
inspection reports submitted to the client and to the State.
- Determines best approach (self-performance or sub-contract) for
bringing assets into contract compliance considering cost,
timelines and efficiency.
- Makes suggestions for methods to reduce expenses and improve
- Assists in developing cost saving initiatives through processes
and approvals and effective quote competition.
- Sources and qualifies new sub-contractors. Develops specialist
subcontractor base for daily use.
- Develops contracts to include estimates, quantities, contract
language and specifications.
- Drives development of CMMS workflows, asset data repositories,
asset hierarchies, and keeps databases up-to-date
- Enters data into the work reporting and other databases/systems
(e.g.CMMS) and also assists maintenance crews in doing so.
- Drives development of reporting from proprietary project
systems (e.g. SCADA, Automated Traffic Management System, Tunnel
Lighting Control System) to determine performance and forecast
maintenance and renewal cycles.
- May prepare and maintain reports and other documentation
including project work plan and checkbook.
- Responds, when needed, to roadway, bridge and tunnel incident
emergencies and coordinates work on-site responders.
- Create purchase orders for procurement of services, material
purchases, etc. including the tracking of materials delivered, work
completed and subsequent payment process for goods or services
received. Assist the Project Administrator in the documentation of
- Trains and mentors other employees.
- May develop and conduct technical training programs.
- Avoids legal challenges by complying with federal, state, and
local legal requirements.
- Positively contribute to a diverse, inclusive and fair work
environment, free from discrimination, bullying and
- Carry out all duties in line with Company policies and
procedures as amended from time to time. Knowledge, Skills &
- Ability to electronically or otherwise incorporate all planning
data, obtained from the planning and reporting software and from
verbal communications with project participants, into the overall
project plan and schedule.
- Knowledge of Asset Maintenance Work Processes in order to
properly sequence, prioritize, and link all planned and scheduled
- Adept computer skills (e.g.MSWord, MSExcel, MSPowerPoint)
- Ability to learn and use on daily basis proprietary
Windows-based computer software platforms (e.g. eMaint, Wonderware,
iNet, Citilog, Barco, Nyx-Hemera) with support from the team
- Valid driver's license with good driving record (required)
- Ability to pass DOT requirements for training is highly
- Ability to work flexibly and willingness to work extensively to
meet business needs.
- High level of attention to detail, initiative, problem solving,
personal organizational and leadership skills.
- Ability to meet contract objectives in time and within
- Ability to work with project team members, client, and outside
stakeholders to achieve team goals.
- Takes ownership of responsibilities.
- Strong strategic thinking. Education and Experience
- B.S. Civil Engineering or Structural Engineering
- 5 + years in civil engineering with progressive experience in
transportation maintenance or construction. Related experience
within industrial / facilities management, particularly supporting
mechanical / electrical, HVAC and like industry operations
desirable. Experience in contract and sub-contractor management
- DOT construction certifications (Highly Desirable). Work
- Approximately 50% performed in climate-controlled internal
office environment working under normal office conditions and 50%
in field through work quality inspection.
- Employees working in this environment may be subject to
evening, weekend, holiday or on-call emergency shifts.
- Maintenance crews primarily work 8-hour shifts during weekdays
except during their quarterly week-long tunnel maintenance closures
- Must maintain a professional appearance and attitude at all
times while on the job site.
Keywords: Ferrovial Services North America, Jacksonville , Project Engineer, Professions , Jacksonville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!