Company: Brookdale Southside
Posted on: September 22, 2022
OverviewMake Lives Better Including Your Own. -If you want to
work in an environment where you can become your best possible
self, join us! - Youll earn more than a paycheck; you can find
opportunities to grow your career through professional development,
as well as ongoing programs catered to your overall health and
wellness. - -Full suite of health insurance, life insurance and
retirement plans are available and vary by employment status. -
Additional benefits offered include, but are not limited to:
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Pet Insurance
- Adoption Reimbursement Benefits
- Variety of Associate DiscountsThis is an incentive based
position, which may include bonuses, incentive or commission plans.
-Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and
military spouses are encouraged to apply. -Please note, Brookdale
is committed to complying with all applicable laws and regulations
regarding mandatory COVID-19
vaccination.ResponsibilitiesResponsible for the maintenance and
repair of the buildings and grounds to maintain proper care of the
assigned community(s) in accordance with current federal, state,
and local standards/regulations and company policies.
- Directs the community maintenance, housekeeping and laundry (if
applicable) staff, to include hiring, training, evaluating
performance, resolving disciplinary issues and firing.
- Directs the maintenance and upkeep of the buildings and grounds
through maintenance staff. Inspects completed work for conformance
to standards and policies.
- Implements preventative maintenance programs. Coordinates
compliance with local, state and federal building codes, SDS, OSHA,
EPA regulations, and fire codes.
- Coordinates engineering contractors and vendors, making sure
insurance and licenses are current.
- Conducts regular inspections of life safety systems, including
fire extinguishers and sprinkler systems.
- Coordinates annual apartment maintenance schedule and
completion. Oversees necessary repairs and maintenance in
apartments and common areas including refurbishment for
- Ensures the outside of the property is maintained, including
landscaping, snow removal, and garbage/trash removal.
- Prepares and follows approved budget. Tracks utility
consumption and expense files.
- Maintains inventory control for all general supplies, parts and
equipment for necessary repairs and maintenance. Maintains all
required engineering files.
- Assesses all plumbing and electrical problems within the
community and determines the best course of action to correct the
problem. Works within the legal scope of local and state
- Reviews safety data sheets (SDS) as requested for potential
exposure to hazardous chemicals used and take necessary
- Assess property damage and file property damage claims in
accordance with company policy.
- Responds appropriately to resident or community emergencies by
assisting as needed.
- Maintains office, shops and mechanical areas within company
standards.This job description represents an overview of the
responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not
intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An
associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her
supervisor.QualificationsEducation and ExperienceAssociates Degree
or equivalent from a two year college or technical school and a
minimum of three to five years related experience and/or training;
or equivalent combination of education and experience.
-Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special RequirementsValid
State Drivers License required for vehicle travel, as needed.
-Management/Decision MakingApplies existing guidelines and
procedures to make varied decisions within a department. Uses sound
judgment and experience to solve moderately complex problems based
on precedent, example, reasonableness or a combination of these.
-Knowledge and SkillsPossesses extensive knowledge of a distinct
skill or function and a thorough understanding of the organization
and work environment. Has working knowledge of a functional
discipline. -Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Climb or balance
- Stoop, kneel, crouch crawl
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: - up to 50 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure
- On-Call on an as needed basis
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or
- Subject to injury from falls, burns, odors, or cuts from
- Requires Travel: - OccasionallyBrookdale is an equal
opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.
Keywords: Brookdale Southside, Jacksonville , Director, Maintenance, Professions , Jacksonville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!