Loss Prevention Associate - 2nd Shift
Posted on: September 24, 2022
DC-JacksonvilleWe're here for the Makers! Come be a part of the
team where innovation and teamwork come together to support the
most exciting missions in the world!
Michaels is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are here for all Team
Members and all Makers to create, innovate and be better together.
To review a comprehensive list of benefits, please visit Michaels
CO, CT and NYC only -To review pay ranges for the position you are
applying for, please visit Michaels Pay Ranges - CO, CT, Ithaca and
Performs scheduled and ongoing tasks to protect Michaels' assets by
maintaining safety policies and procedures, as well as
- Controls inbound and outbound trailer and automobile traffic.
Ensures proper documentation has been completed and load
bars/straps are installed before a trailer/delivery enters or
leaves the facility.
- Maintains and manage card access and badge systems and building
key control and equipment key systems. Performs "end of shift" bag
- Investigates incidents and accidents that occur in the facility
and documents them appropriately in an incident/accident
- Performs various daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly audits
and tasks regarding safety and security of the facility and all
- Maintains the department's code of conduct and confidentiality
while adhering to all Michaels' safety and security policies and
- Supports the "After Hours" program, which includes receiving
calls on Trailer deliveries and communicating by phone and email
with retail stores with notifications of delivery issues.
- Responds to medical and other emergencies and provides first
aid or any assistance when needed.
- Monitors all fire, intrusion, and access control systems.
Responds to and notifies all appropriate individuals and agencies
when alarms have been received. Monitors and maintains CCTV system
and cameras on a regular basis.
- Maintains safety awareness programs and helps to resolve any
safety concerns received from these programs. Aids in maintaining
all aspects of safety in the facility and reports all unsafe
conditions or unsafe acts by other team members. Assists in safety
orientations for all new team members to inform them of Michaels's
safety policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the LP Manager or
LP Operations Coordinator.
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred; additional related
training/certification is a plusMinimum Special Certifications or
- Computer proficiency, including Microsoft Office suite and the
ability to learn other related systems in support of the role
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Strong phone communication skills are essential
- General understanding of the Distribution Center workflow and
familiarity with building layout
- Effective organizational skills and ability to multi-task. Able
to adjust well to varying pace of work and stay focused at all
- Flexible to work overtime before and after shift as needed in
accordance with business needs
Preferred Type of Experience the Job Requires
- 1+ years of related experience is preferred, providing support
to an organization of similar scope and complexity
- Frequent standing/walking, both in the office area and within
- Regular sitting when working in an office environment
(including Trailer Control Center)
- Occasional reaching, bending, stooping, kneeling and
- Occasional lifting/carrying of items of varying weight to
- Repetitive motion and movement of the wrists, hands and/or
- This position is based in a climate-controlled office but will
have regular exposure to the warehouse, which features extreme
temperatures dependent on external climate and proximity to dock
- Regular exposure to moderate noise level from DC
conveyor/sortation system and powered industrial equipment when in
Applicants in the U.S. must satisfy federal, state, and local legal
requirements of the job.
Keywords: Michaels, Jacksonville , Loss Prevention Associate - 2nd Shift, Professions , Jacksonville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!