Posted on: January 25, 2023
OverviewThe Sr. Buyer/Planner is responsible for all aspects of
material planning, goods and service purchasing, and production
scheduling to support their assigned program(s). - Contributes to
the continuous improvement of the Supply Chain function.
Responsible for maintaining MRP/ERP system to support the program
schedule. Duties include, but are not limited to the
following:Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain all material planning, purchasing, and
production scheduling activities, assess requirements and plans for
business needs; ensures adequate flow of goods, services and
information. Collaborates with internal customers to understand the
needs of the business and provides procurement services to support
production schedule. Use of IT systems to produce and track
purchase orders and related documentation; monitor schedule and
delivery dates. Resolve issues related to quantity, quality, and
delivery and invoicing. Ensure adequate documentation is available
to provide the necessary support for government audits.
- Creates and maintains valid materials planning and production
schedules and supporting processes. Effective liaison with
suppliers to ensure adequate flow of information concerning
progress of materials, anticipated delivery schedules. Coordinates
any supplier issues with appropriate internal departments for
resolution. Identify problem areas/issues; recommend corrective
- Monitor MRP/ERP system error messages, new, cancel, expedite,
push out, reduce/increase quantity and review against material flow
for action. Releases and procures appropriate lot and batch
quantities using JIT concepts. Manages level loading of procured
parts. Creating and updating Purchase Orders.
- Business travel may be required up to 15%. Performs other
duties as assigned. -QualificationsEducation:Bachelors degree in
business, supply chain or related field preferred.Experience:
- 5 to 7 years of supply chain experience. Planning experience
- 5 to 7 years of experience working within MRP systems.
Experience working within legacy systems preferred. Abilities:
- Requires ability to read and interpret drawings, blueprints,
- Good oral, written and presentation communication skills.
- An understanding of the fundamentals of logistics and Lean and
how they can both be leveraged to eliminate waste (inventory) is
Keywords: Kaman, Jacksonville , Sr. Buyer/Planner, Professions , Jacksonville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!