Diagnostic Solutions Consultant
Company: Zoetis, Inc
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Location: West Palm Beach, FLPosition SummaryThe Diagnostics
Solutions Consultant (DSC) is a field-based customer facing member
of our sales team accountable for selling Zoetis diagnostic
instruments, tests and associated products and services within an
assigned US sales territory. The DSC will also be accountable for
building and maintaining customer relationships to maximize
customer retention. The DSC will achieve budgeted sales quotas
within targeted accounts in assigned territory. DSC will update and
maintain sales funnel and customer profile data within system. DSC
will collaborate with the other Zoetis colleagues to achieve goals
and support the diagnostics business.Anticipated travel within
assigned territory as required (up to 60%-70%).Position
- Develop and maintain thorough understanding of Diagnostic
products and service.
- Travel to offices of existing and prospective customers, with a
target of 3-4 existing customers and 3-4 new business opportunities
per day. (Extensive driving required as well as periodic overnight
travel (approximately at 4-8 nights per month, depending on
- Detailed documentation of all customer and prospect
interactions via the online system.
- Transport equipment to customer and prospective customer
- Lift, set-up and demonstrate diagnostic solutions, equipment
- Clearly explain the uses and benefits of diagnostic products
and services; answer questions; effectively communicate "value
- Secure purchase orders for diagnostic products and
- Provide ongoing customer support, including assisting customers
(in person and over the phone and via email) with product,
technical or service concerns, making periodic customer courtesy
calls, keeping clients informed of new products and services
(including possible updates to existing instrumentation), and
interfacing as needed with sales, accounting and technical staff to
ensure customer questions and needs are timely addressed.
- Work cooperatively with the Diagnostic Technical Specials to
ensure strong customer service and enhance utilization.
- Generate new business and new business leads, including placing
instruments in competitor's accounts, academia and research
settings and gathering referrals from existing customers.
- Support billing and collection efforts.
- Ability to safely lift and move 60 lbsEducation and Experience
- Minimum of 4 years of demonstrated sales experience, or
relevant technical/clinical experience, preferably in the medical,
scientific, or healthcare industry.
- Minimum of an Associate's degree (Bachelor's degree preferred);
preferably with a science or business emphasis or equivalent
experience.Technical Skills and Competencies
- Exemplifies early adopter behaviors for rapid learning
- Absorbs and applies technical information and demonstrates
skilled technical sales capabilities.
- Capably grows technical knowledge through relationships,
creative solutions, and enhances customer loyalty.
- Demonstrate expertise in veterinary terminology/science.
- Demonstrated skills selling capital equipment in physician
and/or veterinary clinics.
- Skilled at making presentations (including financial
presentations) at all levels. Ability to transport, set-up and
demonstrate equipment quickly and effectively.
- Balances strategic and tactical business requirements.
- Superior understanding of current and possible future market
trends, sales initiatives, and information affecting the business
- Knows the competition and their value messaging.
- Demonstrates an understanding of how strategies and tactics
work in the marketplace.
- Demonstrated organizational, prioritization, and time
- Strong ability to multi-task and work independently.
- Valid Driver's License, clean driving record, auto
insuranceFull timeRegularColleagueAny unsolicited resumes sent to
Zoetis from a third party, such as an Agency recruiter, including
unsolicited resumes sent to a Zoetis mailing address, fax machine
or email address, directly to Zoetis employees, or to Zoetis resume
database will be considered Zoetis property. Zoetis will NOT pay a
fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited
resume.Zoetis will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has
submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency
free of any charges or fees. This includes any Agency that is an
approved/engaged vendor but does not have the appropriate approvals
to be engaged on a search.Zoetis is committed to equal opportunity
in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job
applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national
origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected
classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity
to use our online application system. We offer reasonable
accommodations as an alternative if requested by an individual with
a disability. Please contact Zoetis Colleague Services at
email@example.com to request an accommodation.
Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local
laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as
employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration
and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain
authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and
exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or
maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility,
considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers.
Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact. Please
note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from
candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our
company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email
to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of "@zoetis.com". In
addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment
related activities. Any solicitation or request for information
related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or
utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be
disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make
any type of personal financial investment related to gaining
employment with Zoetis.
Keywords: Zoetis, Inc, Jacksonville , Diagnostic Solutions Consultant, Professions , Jacksonville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!