Company: Accent Controls, Inc
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Accent Controls, Inc. (ACI) is seeking full-time, non-exempt
Material Handler for the Defense Logistics Agency Distribution,
located in Jacksonville, Florida.
The non-exempt job classification description below is covered
under The McNamara-O'Hara Service Contract Act (SCA) with Wage
Determinations (WDs). SCA positions furnish services in the U.S.
through the employment of service employees. Service employees are
compensated per the prevailing wage rates and fringe benefits that
are set by the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) Wage and Hour
Division's WDs. 29 CFR Part 541 and 29 CFR 4.163(f)
* Hours: Tuesday - Saturday 9:00am-5:30pm
* Health & Welfare fringe benefit includes paid medical, dental,
and vision insurance; long-term, short-term, life insurance,
Flex-Spending; and H&W Retirement Savings Plan with 401k
The material handler/laborer will assist, support, and perform
(limited tasking) tasks associated with a wide variety of job
responsibilities in all facets of the distribution center to
include but not limited to shipping, receiving, storing, counting,
packaging, issuing, determining condition, and processing of both
non-hazardous material and hazardous material (HAZMAT)
* Understand and meet the productivity goals associated with
assigned functional area / process.
* Demonstrated ability to understand and execute a minimum of three
(3) of the Various aspects of storage management functions as
* Receiving Functions (Receiving & Induction) - Primary
Responsibilities: Verifying the correctness of incoming shipments
by comparing items and quantities unloaded against bills of lading,
invoices, manifests, storage receipts, or other records.
* Checking for damaged goods; insuring that goods are appropriately
identified for routing within the facility, preparing and keeping
records of goods received.
* Warehouse (Stow and Storage) - Primary Responsibilities: Stow
Receipts in appropriate storage areas and locations. Ensure stock
material is accurate and stored properly. Ensure material is
properly packed and preserved and ready for issue. Comprehend and
understand the facility storage plan as outlined by management and
* Requisition Processing - Primary Responsibilities: Pick and Pack
Customer requisitions/orders as generated by warehouse management
system. Verifying picks and packs are accurate as compared to
requisition documentation (NSN, quantity, and Condition Code).
* Transportation Preparation - Primary Responsibilities: Prepare
and complete outbound process of requisitions/transshipments for
transportation to include physical conformance of packaging,
quantity, correct NSN, and proper staging Transportation / Shipping
* Additional responsibilities include but not limited loading and
unloading trucks, trailers, sea vans, air pallets (463L) and other
various modes of transportation as required. Moving material
throughout facility utilizing various methods of MHE including
Forklift, Pallet Jack, etc..
* Communicate to Compliance Team (Inventory, Customer Service, and
Quality Control) system discrepancies that cannot be resolved.
* Utilize e-mails to receive and disseminate workload tasks and
* Communicate in a professional manner with all work areas and
levels of the Distribution Center.
* Understand the Acceptable Performance Levels (APL's) associated
with assigned functional work areas / process and work
expeditiously to meet contractual and team goals.
* Follows established guidelines in performing day-to-day routine
tasks as outlined in Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)/Job
Breakdown sheets (JBS)and Technical Manuals.
* Maintain a safe and secure work environment.
* Adhere to Government and Company policies and procedures.
* Perform other duties as assigned in association with established
Warehouse Management Plan, Inventory Control Plan/Stock Readiness,
QC Plan & workload requirements.
Carry out written and/or verbal instructions. Utilize telephone,
copy machine, computer, as needed. Operate forklifts, cherry
pickers and work assist vehicles. Ability to stand frequently; sit
occasionally. Lift up to 50lbs.; carry and walk, frequently. Drive
on site, as needed. Ability to problem solve; make decisions;
interpret data; organize; and read and write
Education Required: High School/GED, minimum
The job description, above, is meant to be a guide. It is not
intended to limit in any way the duties an employee may be required
to perform. This job description may be updated at the discretion
of the company.
ACI maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment and
random substance abuse testing and background verification checks.
ACI is an equal employment opportunity (EEO) employer that
evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color,
national origin, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy,
childbirth and related medical conditions), age, marital status,
disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, and other characteristics protected by law. The "EEO is
the Law" poster is available at:
Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a
disability for any part of the employment process should email
HR@accentcontrols.com to request accommodation. In addition to
federal law requirements, ACI complies with applicable state and
local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every
location in which the company has facilities. ACI participates in
Keywords: Accent Controls, Inc, Jacksonville , Material Handler, Professions , Jacksonville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!