Company: The Haskell Company
Posted on: April 18, 2019
Construction Manager, Jacksonville, FL
Haskell is looking for a Construction Manager with experience
leading moderate and/or high complexity projects where you will be
responsible for providing leadership on-site as the primary
interface with Owner's on-site representatives and will supervise
Haskell site staff. Oversees the integration of multiple services
provided by our field management and project management teams for
design-build and EPC project delivery; obtains successful safety,
quality, production, cost and profitability results with respect to
customer/Owner and Haskell expectations. This is an on-site career
path. Extensive travel and relocation is to be expected.
* Reviews design documents produced by the Architect and Engineers
of Record and system engineers:
* to ensure documents clearly show the intended scope of work,
* to enhance constructability and,
* minimize warranty issues.
* Provides input on pricing, scope of work, and scheduling to
* Plans, sequences, and schedules the project with input from the
superintendent and subcontractors. Manages the project schedule,
conducts job site meetings and prepares updated schedules.
* Collaborates with BIM Integration Manager on development of 4-D
* Develops comprehensive knowledge of all building equipment and
systems, including Owner provided, or Haskell-installed,
manufacturing or process systems.
* Possess a full understanding of Owner-contract terms with
particular attention to EPC performance commitments.
* Serves as the daily point of contact with the owner
representative at the jobsite.
* Pre-plans and schedules jobsite activity with superintendents and
project managers, as required.
* Provides input to superintendents on construction techniques and
methods, materials handling, material storage, crew sizes and
deployment, equipment requirements and task sequences.
* Interviews, hires and trains staff. Responsible for performance
and development of staff.
* Administers company policies and procedures fairly and
* Communicates and reports regularly on project activity to Project
* Reports, verifies and documents to management extra work
requested by Owner, or occasioned by job conditions, which are
beyond the original estimate or contract documents.
* Verifies valid/current insurance of all on-site companies.
* Inspects for quality both company-performed work and
subcontractors' work and for compliance with engineered drawings.
Resolves quality assurance deficiencies.
* Provides input to engineers and project managers on planning and
conducting Factory Acceptance Tests (FATs) and Site Acceptance
* Responsible for the overall safety and ensure standards are met
and adhered to.
* Initiates all jobsite safety and accident prevention efforts
* Investigates and reports all accidents.
* Holds weekly safety meetings and inspections for submission.
* Conducts new-hire safety orientation utilizing The Haskell
Company Code of Safe Practices.
* Ensures that appropriate security procedures are in place
on-site, including physical environment, perimeter and proprietary
* Maintains good community relations and clearly identifies jobsite
by well-placed and maintained company signs per THC signage
* Complies with contract specifications, PO's, SC's and permitting
agencies for required inspections. Generates RFI's and applicable
* Assumes budget responsibility for labor costs, including
subsistence and expenses, and miscellaneous purchases, such as
concrete, lumber, equipment rental and overhead.
* Oversees and approves Monthly Cost Report and Summary Cost Report
prepared by on site Project Manager.
* Reviews Monthly Cost Report and Summary Cost Report with Group
Director of Construction and Project Director.
* Prepare contingency plans for weather events and/or other causes
for which the project may need to go into an emergency
* Works with Director of Construction and Construction Core
personnel to establish job organization including superintendent
and PCE requirements.
* Manages client relations, including progress meetings,
correspondence, periodic reports, change orders and response to
* Supervises the preparation of requisitions for payment and other
required project invoicing. Maximizes project cash flow through
invoicing and collections.
* Supports project managers in managing subcontractor and supplier
performance issues including documentation, default notices and
replacement, if necessary.
* Reviews and monitors project progress, quality and safety. Works
with superintendent and makes corrections as required to comply
with contract and company policy and procedures.
* Assists in the development of construction personnel through
mentoring and on-the-job training.
* Manages project/system start-up, commissioning, close-out and
* Bachelors of Science (B.S.) degree in Engineering from an ABET
accredited institution preferred, or B.S. Construction Management,
or closely related field. P.E. and General Contractor's license a
* Non-degreed individuals with significant related industry
experience may be considered.
Specific Knowledge, Skills, License, Certifications:
* Excellent leadership and management skills
* Excellent organizational and verbal communication skills;
including professional diplomacy, technical communication and
* Excellent attention to detail
* Independently plan, lead and manage entire field operation
including all aspects of integrated systems
* Provide effective verbal and written instructions to project
staff, subcontractors and vendors
* Exceptional ability to interface with customers, subcontractors
and clients at all levels
* Collaborate with others to accomplish organizational goals,
identify and resolve problems
* Ability to retrieve information from technical sources and
communicate complex project issues to subject matter experts,
engineers and manufacturers
* Current certification in First Aid and CPR
* OSHA 30 hour or equivalent certification
* Maintains an OSHA 10-hour course current within the past three
* Ability to understand and execute the company vision and values
of Team, Excellence, Service and Trust
* Accountability: Accepting responsibility that results in
anticipation/prevention of problem areas from actions, and problem
solving inside and outside the department/organization.
* Customer Focus: Makes service to internal and external customers
a priority; focuses on exceeding customer expectations, not just
meeting them; recognizes and values all key stakeholders; applies
and develops service excellence skills.
* Effective Communication: Listens for understanding and
appreciation, encourages open feedback; presents clearly and
effectively one on one, and in small and large group settings;
considers the audience in preparing messages and in choosing the
appropriate communication channels; creates and encourages open
channels of communication.
* Execution/Empowerment: Demonstrates the ability to get results;
manages competing demands in fast paced environment with effective
results; identifies and creates contingency solutions to ensure
* Learning & Development: Learning new skills and increasing
capabilities a high priority; takes action to address development
needs in self and others, if applicable; identifies gaps and
learning opportunities to ensure complete technical job
proficiency; takes responsibility for own development and skills
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
Disabilities The contractor will not discharge or in any other
Keywords: The Haskell Company, Jacksonville , Construction Manager, Professions , Jacksonville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!