FT Customer Service Representative (Bilingual: English/Spanish)
Company: Oportun Financial Corporation
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Overview ABOUT OPORTUN Oportun is a mission-driven,
technology-powered provider of inclusive, affordable financial
services and a certified Community Development Financial
Institution (CDFI). We seek to serve the 100 million people in the
US who are shut out of the financial mainstream because they are
credit invisible or are mis-scored because they have limited credit
history. By lending money to hardworking, low-to-moderate income
individuals, we help them move forward in their lives, demonstrate
their creditworthiness, and establish the credit history they need
to access new opportunities. Since 2006, we have lent over $6.8
billion through over 3.1 million affordable small dollar loans and
have helped over 730,000 people start establishing credit. In
recognition of inventive approach, we were recognized by Time
Magazine as one of 50 Genius Companies inventing the future. The
Bay Area News Group recognized Oportun as a Top Workplace in 2019.
Come and be a part of our community of employees, partners, and
customers who are devoted to expanding financial opportunity for
millions. When we work together, we can make life better.
Responsibilities WHAT DOES A CUSTOMER LOYALTY REPRESENTATIVE DO AT
OPORTUN? Our Customer Loyalty Representative creates and generates
a rewarding and unique customer service experience. At Oportun,
Customer Loyalty Representatives are passionate about listening,
helping, and connecting with people. As a key member of our team,
you will make the mission of Oportun come to life by educating our
customers about our responsible affordable loans and the benefits
of establishing credit through our loans. You are goal oriented and
results driven while always exhibiting the Oportun Values. We are a
mission-driven financial services company and we provide you the
tools and training to make you successful. You'll be measured by
your customer service, punctuality and attendance as well as your
ability to consistently achieve your goals through outreach.
Outreach entails engaging with potential clients in person to
increase community awareness about Oportun. For example, you will
be expected to visit and build relationships one-on-one, with
surrounding businesses and at local community events outside of the
store. HOW TO BE SUCCESSFUL?
- Develop and maintain great customer relationships with service
excellence in mind, while promoting the Oportun brand to create
- Build relationships and lead Outreach for our retail
- Meet personal and team goals by obtaining referrals and
ensuring that new and returning customers are aware of the value
and benefits of our products.
- Enjoy community involvement. Increase outreach and awareness by
building partnerships and holding events at local businesses,
nonprofit organizations, churches, schools, and community
- Deliver first-class customer service while accurately
processing loan applications with all the proper documentation
consistent with our compliance standards to limit the number of
non-approved applications and improving loan turn-around time.
- Demonstrate Internal and external communication skills through
customer education, promotion and conversion.
- Quickly and accurately learn our products, services and
procedures and meet policy and regulatory requirements.
- Responsibly manage cash handling, taking cash payments and
balancing a cash drawer.
- Comply with all regulatory and audit requirements.
- Work positively as a team within the company mission to serve
our customers as the most important consideration.
- Be a role model by living Oportun's Core Values: Service, Care,
Innovation, Courage, Excellence, and Empowerment. Qualifications
WHAT KEY REQUIREMENTS ARE NEEDED?
- Bilingual English/Spanish (Required)
- Service Experience (Required)
- Sales experience (Required)
- Customer-oriented: Approachable and proactive in meeting and
exceeding customer needs and providing excellent service
- Results-oriented: Use appropriate strategies to achieve and/or
- Strong communication and listening skills with a high degree of
professionalism and ability to interact effectively with
individuals from diverse backgrounds in-person and over the
- Utilize good judgment, initiative and problem solving
consistent with our compliance standards to resolve Oportun's
customer concerns and ensure a positive customer experience
- Have a positive attitude
- Must be a team player and work well with others
- Detail oriented
- Basic computer proficiency and systems knowledge
- Need to be flexible and adaptable for team, customer needs and
scheduling (Stores are open 7 days a week typically between 9 a.m.
to 7 p.m.)
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred
Keywords: Oportun Financial Corporation, Jacksonville , FT Customer Service Representative (Bilingual: English/Spanish), Sales , Jacksonville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!