Employee Benefits, Sales Executive, CO (Remote)
Posted on: June 25, 2022
At Equitable, our power is in our people.
We're individuals from different cultures and backgrounds. Those
differences make us stronger as a team and a force for good in our
communities. Here, you'll work with dynamic individuals, build your
skills, and unleash new ways of working and thinking. Are you ready
to join an organization that will help unlock your potential?
The Sales Executive, Equitable Employee Benefits will work in
conjunction with regional and national distribution leadership to
drive prospect activity and sales.Job Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain strategic business relationships with
brokerage firms, consulting houses, managing general agencies and
- Meet or exceed activity goals as it relates to new client
meetings, quote activity, relationship management and annual
premium sales goals
- Responsible for generating proposals for group Dental, Life,
Disability and Vison clients in target market of 20-500+ lives in
designated territory. Provide consultative analysis and
recommendations to distribution channel partners and prospective
- Construct and maintain a business plan for your designated
territory based on sales and strategic initiatives
- Build long-lasting, mutually beneficial relationships with
external contacts and internal departments to create a better
- Meet or exceed assigned premium, proposal activity and meeting
targets monthly, quarterly and annually
- Coordinate and track client events, meetings, appointments, and
- Coordinate with the Field Service Consultant on the delivery of
- Remain current on company offerings and industry trends through
market research, business area meetings, conferences, and industry
events Qualifications Skills to ensure your success include:
- Creativity: Knowledge of the approaches, tools, and techniques
for promoting creative, original thinking and ability to apply it
to a variety of business situations.
- Effective Presentations: Knowledge of effective presentation
tools and techniques; ability to present information to groups with
the appropriate degree of formality.
- Negotiating: Knowledge of successful negotiation concepts and
techniques; ability to negotiate successfully across the
organization and with external vendors and clients in a
constructive and collaborative manner.
- Influencing: Knowledge of effective influencing tactics and
strategies; ability to impact decisions within and outside own
- Knowledge of Product Line: Knowledge of methodologies, tools
and techniques for specific products; ability to develop product
line processes and strategies.
- Producing Results: Understanding of the criticality of getting
things done in spite of current circumstances and the ability to
utilize assigned resources and leverage back-channel resources
(individuals or teams) to achieve or exceed planned outcomes.
- Prospecting: Knowledge of prospecting principles, processes and
skills; ability to identify and engage potential customers in the
- Relationship Management: Knowledge of relationship management
techniques; ability to establish and maintain healthy working
relationships with clients, vendors, and peers.
- Results Orientation: Knowledge of the importance of meeting or
exceeding established targets; ability to drive critical activities
- Sales & Marketing: Knowledge of the strategies and operations
for promoting the organization products, services and reputation;
ability to develop and implement these strategies and
- Territory Management: Knowledge of territory management
practices, tools and techniques; ability to manage and maximize
insurance business performance for one or multiple geographical
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion: Demonstrates a commitment to
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion by treating everyone with respect
and dignity, ensuring all voices are heard and advocating for
- 3+ years of documented Employee Benefits Wholesaling experience
within assigned territory required.
- Resident Life and Health Insurance licenses and obtain all
non-resident licenses for assigned territories
- Experience with small market segment preferred (10-500
- Thorough understanding of Equitable Employee Benefits product
portfolio and the benefits each one offers
- Ability to partner with local, regional and national
service/account management, underwriting and home office
- Ability to travel 50-75% within assigned territory ABOUT
At Equitable, we're a team of over ten thousand strong; committed
to helping our clients secure their financial well-being so that
they can pursue long and fulfilling lives.
We turn challenges into opportunities by thinking, working, and
leading differently - where everyone is a leader. We encourage
every employee to leverage their unique talents to become a force
for good at Equitable and in their local communities.
We are continuously investing in our people by offering growth,
internal mobility, comprehensive compensation and benefits to
support overall well-being, flexibility, and a culture of
collaboration and teamwork.
We are looking for talented, dedicated, purposeful people who want
to make an impact. Join Equitable and pursue a career with
Equitable is committed to providing equal employment opportunities
to our employees, applicants and candidates based on individual
qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender,
gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or
physical disabilities, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic
information or any other class protected by federal, state and
NOTE: Equitable participates in the E-Verify program.
If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job
application or interview process or to perform the essential job
functions of this position, please contact Human Resources at (212)
314-2211 or email us at
TalentAcquisition@equitable.com.Compensation: Base pay for this
role is $60,000 and it is eligible for variable
Keywords: Equitable, Jacksonville , Employee Benefits, Sales Executive, CO (Remote), Sales , Jacksonville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!