Director of Sales
Company: Hospitality Ventures Management Group
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Why You Want to Work for Us
- HVMG is an innovative and rapidly growing company that rewards
heart, excellence and positive attitude.
- Opportunity to develop strategies to grow our
- Opportunity to grow in a company that fosters success and
values the entrepreneurial mind set!
- Part of the Marriott family, well known and respected leader in
Who Will this Job Appeal To?A relationship builder that does what
it takes to earn business, surprises guests with an edge ahead of
the competitors, a self starter who empowers results from
associates and a team leader. You will be an excellent networker
skilled at building relationships with all stakeholders, stay
current with industry trends and events and position the hotel
appropriately. You will enjoy making sales calls, snaring new
customers and entertaining business clients.What you will be doing
- Position will be responsible for
supervising/managing/overseeing the Sales department.
- In preparing for this position, candidate ideally will have
worked in at least one or all of the following departments or
positions: Hotel Sales, Marketing, RevenueManagement
- Will have overall responsibility for all revenue streams and
market segments in the hotel along with direct Revenue
Responsibility for specified market segments.
- Responsible for developing, executing and achieving an annual
marketing plan in this unique pandemic environment.
- Responsible for selling meeting space.
- Responsible for the successful execution of the teams monthly
actions plans and accountability of associates expenses.
- This position reports to the General Manager
- Must be a citizen of this country or possess a valid work
- Establish and direct profitable and cost effective marketing
and sales programs.
- Experience creating and monitoring effective social media hotel
- Direct & coordinate effective advertising program.
- Experience in analyzing and interpreting a variety of analytics
and keeping abreast of competitive trends..
- Consistently monitor results to goals with a proven ability to
- Ensure customers and clients are delighted.
- Ability to manage change effectively.
- Ability to conceptualize the mission.
- Provide leadership thatpositions the property to achieve annual
- Provide senior leadership to the departments to achieve their
goals and objectives.
- Communicate the goals and objectives and inspire employees to
achieve those goals.
- Develop and implement business marketingplan.
- Clear, concise written and verbal communication
- Ability to sell concepts and ideas to management, peers, and
- Maintain a good working relationship with guests, groups, and
personnel from other departments.
- Track record promoting an atmosphere of teamwork.
- Track record in building morale and spirit.
- Abilities to inspire, train, and develop people for
- Experience training and cross-training employees.
- Instill a "can-do" attitude in employees.
- Understands the Jacksonville Market and has hotel selling
- Involved with local community to develop business and hotel
- Can and has created an outrageously fun, courteous, friendly,
professional work environment.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent knowledge of computers with prior Marriot CI/TY
- Exceptional detail in follow-up with clients and
- Strong revenue management decision makingskills.
- Excellent pricing and positioning skills
- Ability to produce consistent revenues that either achieve
budget or recapture shortfalls.
- Ability to quickly evaluate alternatives and decide on a plan
- Teach the whole range of selling, detailing and
- Proven results in selling and negotiating.
- Juggle and balance needs of client, company and owner.
Educational /Experience Requirements:
- BA/BS 4-5 year degree or foreign equivalency in Hospitality
Management - preferred.
- 2-4 years in Hotel Sales Department, record of accomplishment
in growing sales, experience in working social media channels,
experience in sourcing booking catering and group accounts, active
membership in organizations that influence hotel sales, knowledge
of sales systems, (Delphi preferred.)
- Medical / Dental/ Vision
- Short Term Disability/ Long Term Disability / Life
- Paid TimeOff
HVMG Equal Opportunity Employer - We provide equal opportunity
without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age,
marital status, or disability. EOE/AA Source: Hospitality Ventures
Keywords: Hospitality Ventures Management Group, Jacksonville , Director of Sales, Sales , Jacksonville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!