Guest Services Rep Full Time
Company: Extended Stay America
Posted on: September 19, 2019
POSITION PURPOSE AND SUMMARY
The Guest Services Representative ("GSR") position must demonstrate
and promote a strong commitment to providing the best possible
experience for our guests. The position is responsible for
assisting guests at all times, answering phones, and checking in
and checking guests out in accordance with company guidelines and
procedures. The GSR also is responsible for completing all
necessary front office daily paperwork and ensuring that safety and
security procedures are in place in accordance with company
guidelines and standards for all associates and guests.
Watch A Day in the Life video for Guest Services Representative
MAJOR / KEY JOB DUTIES
- Demonstrates and promotes a 100% commitment to providing the
best possible experience for our guests.
- Management system. Assists guests at all times; responds to
guest requests with diligent follow through. Job functions include
empowerment to resolve guest issues through the Make it Right
process. The GSR must embrace ESA's service culture and treat all
guest and associates with the utmost of respect and
- Must be able to process reservations, registration, payment,
and departures in accordance with company guidelines and
- Job functions to include handling collection efforts of all
in-house balances. The GSR is responsible for accounting all cash,
check, credit card and city ledger accounts through the
- Job functions to include setup, maintenance and takedown of the
breakfast when required by time of day; and maintaining an
organized and clean work area behind the front desk, in the lobby
and guest commons in compliance with company standards.
- Job functions to include selling the value of ESA to all
inquiries (via telephone and in person) and striving to convert
them into reservations and occupied rooms in compliance with
- Job functions to include collecting relevant guest information
in accordance with guidelines, probing for potential sales leads,
and identifying opportunities.
- Periodic tours of the property to ensure the property is
meeting brand standards.
- Assists and provides reasonable accommodations in response to
guest requests whenever possible and practical
- Compliance with all company policies and procedures, including
but not limited to the prompt reporting of all safety and security
issues directly to the manager or to the appropriate
- Responsible for maintaining overall hotel cleanliness,
including assisting with cleaning any areas of the hotel as
assigned by the manager when needed, including but not limited to
front desk, associate breakroom, guest laundry, fitness room,
vending areas, stairwells and common areas.
- Cross training into the housekeeping and laundry areas so that
assistance can be provided as needed.
- Other duties as requested by the management team.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES & COMPETENCIES
- Ability to understand and communicate in English proficiently
to interact with guests, associates and outside vendors.
- Must be able to operate the property management system
technology. Requires the ability to work through all shift reports
and performing the audit function when necessary and
- Ability to understand and follow documents such as safety
rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure
- Ability to complete routine reports and
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and
- Ability to apply good judgment at all times.
- Ability to deal with problems, address and solve guest-related
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is
regularly required to remain stationary; navigate the hotel and
parking lot; reach and handle; detect objects and controls; and
- Occasionally required to position self to access low areas and
traverse heights and remain stable while doing so.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Occasionally push and/or pull carts and equipment up to 50
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate
frequently works in outside weather conditions (depending on
- The associate occasionally works in wet humid conditions
(non-weather related), near moving mechanical parts, in the
presence of fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic
chemicals and risk of electrical shock.
- The work environment will typically be at moderate to loud
- The associate may be asked to travel to help additional
locations within a reasonable geography.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED); or one
to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
ESA Management, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the
policy of ESA Management, LLC to treat applicants and associates in
all aspects of the employment relationship without regard to race,
color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, age (as defined under
applicable law), national origin or ancestry, disability status,
veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic
protected by federal, state or local laws.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected
Keywords: Extended Stay America, Jacksonville , Guest Services Rep Full Time, Sales , Jacksonville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!